Welcome to Mark Hurne’s Movie Musings and Podcastings! I am a movie podcaster by trade, and I need to share additional thoughts and writings so this blog will be the place for both. My writings will live here and on Letterboxd.com, and my podcastings I will link to from other sites.
I am bit of an obsessive Criterion Collection completist and self-studying cinephile. My projects include:
• Weekly film podcaster at Criterion Close-Up (@CriterionCU) with Aaron West
• Monthly film podcaster at First Time Watchers (@1sttimewatchers) and InSession Film (@InSessionFilm)
• Filmspotting Chicago-based film podcast Quality Assurance/Social Media contributor (@filmspotting)
• Local Burlington Film Society Programming Committee member (@BTVFilmSociety)
• Film Columnist for Criterion 101 at Psycho Drive-In (@PsychoDriveIn)
Film reviews and podcasting are an excuse to further my film knowledge with a specific focus that changes from month to month. My greatest Criterion passions include the directors Andrei Tarkovsky, Akira Kurosawa, Jean-Pierre Melville, Luis Bunuel, Michelangelo Antonioni, and Ingmar Bergman, and of course The French New Wave. My introduction to The Criterion Collection many years ago was with Seven Samurai, but it clicked four years ago when I saw Jules & Jim that The Criterion Collection included many films that are the best produced films outside of the United States.
I look forward to having you follow along with me on this journey